What are CPVC Pipes and Fittings?
Aerocon’s CPVC pipes and fittings are a more eco-friendly, far superior replacement for the widely used GI pipes. Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) is a thermoplastic produced by the chlorination of the PVC resin.
CPVC’s resistance to corrosion at elevated temperatures, up to 93°C (200°F), makes it ideal for both hot and cold water applications.
Smart Features and Benefits of Aerocon’s CPVC Pipes and Fittings
Cost effective and easy to install
- Are lightweight and cost effective, with low maintenance, labour and shipping costs
- No electric/heat source is required for installation
- A simple cutter, chamfering tool and CPVC solvent are the only requirements for 100% leak – proof jointing
Resistance to chemicals, corrosion and abrasion
- Do not break down under the harshest of water and service conditions
- Can be buried directly under concrete slabs as they don’t react with concrete
Smooth Internal Surface
- Absence of scaling, pitting and leaching ensures smooth and full bore flow, with no water pressure loss and noise
- Are self-insulating with lower thermal conductivity
- Built for tough conditions with minimum offsets/ looping
- They come with an integral flame-retarding property, with a very high Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI) of 60, and thus, cannot support or sustain combustion
- They retard microbial growth and are also suitable for aggressive water with pH levels of less than 6.5
Suitable for carrying drinking water
- Are of food grade (heavy metal free), supported by certificates from CFTRI, CIPET and RoHs (TUV)
Perfect for external use
- Can be installed outside the building and can withstand temperature up to 60 C
- Are made of UV-resistant materials, ensuring that they do not lose their mechanical properties even under greater exposure to sunlight